Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:06 pm 

Did I see somewhere that the Optismart is more accurate than the clamps? (Automan?)

Also, any views on whether the transmitter is stronger in the Optismart ?!

Mine arrived today, but havent bothered to replug everything yet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:10 pm 

In theory the OptiSmart should be a lot more accurate.

The clamp device had to make an assumption of the mains voltage which is far from constant and now with so many homes with PV installations may be even worse.

The clamp also does not know the power factor of your home load and again would have to made an assumption.

The OptiSmart uses your electric meter as the source of data and thus the figures on your EnviR and daily totals on my.currentcost.com should match your electric bill.

Your electric meter does measure the voltage, current and power factor and even knows the power is going the correct direction.

I find the OptiSmart reads lower than my old clamp and would appear to better match my electric meter and also what I thought I was using a day.

Only time will tell for sure...

Automan.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]