Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:37 pm 

Just got my Optismart --- speedy next day delivery thanks,

I am looking to restart my previously failed project of trying to monitor and calculate my energy consumption/export.

I have a PV system when currently recording the generated energy from the inverter (may get an 2nd Optismart if the first turns out well).
I am using the Optismart to measure my Import meter and the clamp on the wire from the meter to the consumer unit.
Now previously I have only been able to estimate the energy flowing through the wire - but not the direction.
By monitoring the PV. Import Meter and flow I hope to be able to calculate Generated, Imported, Exported and Consumed values,

The assumption being that if there is energy reported on the CV Clamp while the Optimeter is reporting 0 usage then I am exporting.

Now the first hurdle is to get comparative readings.
Having paired the Optismart to Appliance 0 and 9 as per manual and the Clamp to Appliance 1 I am reading the output XML on my micro-server but the two appliances are coming 2 seconds apart.
Code:
<msg><src>CC128-v1.29</src><dsb>00381</dsb><time>21:02:08</time><tmpr>26.1</tmpr><sensor>9</sensor><id>02063</id><type>2</type><imp>0000030733</imp><ipu>1000</ipu></msg>
<msg><src>CC128-v1.29</src><dsb>00381</dsb><time>21:02:12</time><tmpr>26.0</tmpr><sensor>1</sensor><id>00815</id><type>1</type><ch1><watts>00712</watts></ch1></msg>
<msg><src>CC128-v1.29</src><dsb>00381</dsb><time>21:02:14</time><tmpr>26.0</tmpr><sensor>0</sensor><id>03386</id><type>1</type><ch1><watts>00654</watts></ch1></msg>

Is it possible to get them through in the same string to make the coding easier to apply my "0" import assumption?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:19 pm 

Do you have an older Envi display you could use?

It does not use the data channel feature of the optismart so it may only pump out the basic xml data.

Automan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:42 am 

shadowspawn wrote:
Is it possible to get them through in the same string to make the coding easier to apply my "0" import assumption?
The answer unfortunately is no. The timing is set by the (independent) transmitters. You will also find that they do not stay in the same relationship to each other e.g. one may have a frequency of 6 seconds the other may be 6.00001 seconds. Over time the separation between them will change.

Your easiest approach is to read and hold one of the sensors and do your comparison on the next read of the other sensor you are comparing to. won't be more than 6 seconds earlier.

Getting more complicated on each read see if the other sensor was read less than 3 seconds earlier and do the comparison then.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]