Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:57 pm 

Hi

I have a KNX/Gira Homeserver setup in my house to control all heating and lighting. It's basically a Linux box on my network with access to all light and heating switches. I would like to add electricity monitoring as an input to the Homeserver box and was wondering if this could be done using the OptiSmart reader?

I'm assuming that the XML output of the OptiSmart reader could be directly input into the Homeserver - after all it's just a computer on the network. Just not sure how the OptiSmart publishes its data.

Can anyone confirm if this would be possible? If I could get this working then there would be a lot of interest in the KNX community, as the KNX power monitoring solutions are very expensive and typically targeted at the commercial building management market, not the home market.

If this does work there would be a lot of interest in the KNX home automation community and I'd be happy to post links to you product in KNX forums.

Pete

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:28 pm 

Not an expert but the OptiSmarts transmit wireless data to EnviR display units and it is that device that gives out the xml containing data from the wireless devices paired with it.

See http://www.currentcost.com/download/Env ... -01-11.pdf

Automan.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:27 am 

ok, sounds like i need both Optismart and the monitor and then can take the xml feed from the monitor into my KNX system. Thx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:50 pm 

We provide all the information on Home Automation in an easy to understand format. Here you get whiteboard videos, motion graphics, and animation, as well as, reference materials such as blogs, search features and glossaries.

All these material is free and easy to understand.

Hope this might help you in making your decision.

Thanks,
Home Automation Hound
http://www.homeautomationhound.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:52 pm 

We provide all the information on Home Automation in an easy to understand format. Here you get whiteboard videos, motion graphics, and animation, as well as, reference materials such as blogs, search features and glossaries.

All these material is free and easy to understand.

Thanks,
Home Automation Hound
http://www.homeautomationhound.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]