Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:55 pm 

Hi

My OptiSmart has been fine for a few weeks since I installed it, but just as my Solar Pv output was dropping to zero Saturday Evening, the display showed - - - , instead of 0W. This morning there was no reading for Solar PV at all still; - - -. The Consumption which is on the same EnviR via a CT clamp was fine and that was reporting correctly to PVOutput.org, but no PV.

I had a look at the OptiSmart sensor and it hadn't fallen off [Stuck on with Blu Tack and Gaffer Tape], but there were no LED flashes either from the Sensor or the Transmitter. I removed the batteries and put them back to reboot the Optismart and it started working again, although the PVOtput.org data would not restart, but thats another story.

Has anyone else had to reboot their OptiSmart?

PS. Checked the batteries when rebooting and they were not fantastic, despite only working for a couple of weeks!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:58 pm 

I've just had exactly the same problem. My Optismart stopped working, no flashes from the transmitter nor the sensor. Like you I removed the batteries and replaced them. Now everything seems to be working fine.

The transmitter has not been moved since installation so there must be some kind of loose connection in the battery compartment. I may need to return it to Current Cost if it happens again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:05 am 

Yes I had the same as well. At the end of PV collection on 15th November, about 5 pm. My reported output suddenly became very erratic giving collection levels of more than 6kW (A 3.5kW system!). This continued all night until a reboot (battery removal/replacement) of the optismart this morning. now all back to normal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:34 am 

I also have this problem.

My PV one has shown --- for several days but was in no rush to investigate as my faith in the product is at an all time low.

Anyway, after taking the batteries out it is transmitting again...

Automan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:51 pm 

Just over three months later I had the same problem but this time on the one on my main electric meter...

Perhaps the new colour scheme on the CC Website upset it :)

Automan.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]