Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:53 pm 

I'm getting occasional odd deviations in the data from my OptiSmart: an isolated reading will either read substantially too high or too low. The interesting thing (looking at PC log data) is that the high readings are always of 12630 Watts, and the low ones are always consistent with a random one of my three IAMs: one is usually logging 12W, one 90-odd, one 300-odd, and the EnviR will randomly pick and log a value consistent with one of these instead of whatever the OptiSmart presumably sent it. I've seen some mentions on the internet of this behaviour, along with mention of possible firmware updates; the XML logs suggest I'm running CC128-v1.29 --- has anybody else experience of the same thing, or better, knowledge of a fix?

In the first 30 hours of logs, with the EnviR in one location, I got 10 such spikes. Having moved it to a new location I've now seen 16 spikes in 22 hours.

In the case of the low (random IAM) spikes, they do appear to be in the middle of double-size gaps in both the relevant IAM's log and the OptiSmart's log, suggesting that a legitimate IAM report is being relabelled as an OptiSmart one, while the OptiSmart one is being dumped.

The high spikes appear at a reasonable time in the OptiSmart's log (7-12s before and after other entries), but there's no large gap in any of the other sensor logs at the same time.

Conrad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:45 pm 

See viewtopic.php?f=31&t=14341

Automan.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]