Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:59 am 

Hi,

I have a very early Envi, a bridge and a recent IAM. It all works fine. I can see my total household data om mycurrentcost.com. The IAM idata is reported fine on the display of the ENVI, though this is not uploaded mycurrentcost.

I also have PV and am aware that my readings are skewed by the remote sensor not detecting the 'direction' of the output from PV.

I *think* I need an Optismart as this will measure accurately exactly what the meter uses. hence when PV is being used, no houshold use will be recorded, which is fine.

I'm not clear if the optismart needs a new display (EnviR) or not .

I also think I need a new bridge (netsmart ?) which supports multiple device channels to my.currentcost.com.

Is that right ?. I also saw some mention of an upgrade policy for existing bridge owners ,which would be welcome

My end goal is to see my total data and IAM specific data charted at mycurrenctcost.com, and that the PV output does not mess the numbers up.

thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:38 am 

I have an E-on (current cost EnviR) and also have solar panels. I bought the new Optismart and have had it running for a few days now very successfully. I would have thought that your early Envi would also be compatible so all you need to buy is a new optismart.

What I did was attach the new optismart reader to the solar generation meter, which then showed me Solar on EnviR channel (0). The EnviR uses 2 channels for the optismart (don't know why) so one channel permanently just shows the words 'data' in the KWhr box on the display; the instructions ask you to pair it to channel 9 but I guess you could use any 2 channels.
I then re-paired my 'old' transmitter with the clamp to channel 8, so I now have totally accurate (I checked the readings) solar output on channel 0 and household power usage on channel 8. My IAM's output to channels 1,2 and 3.

It's working a dream and is uploading data (on channel 0) to mycurrentcost.com via my bridge. My next step is to re-pair the Household to channel 1 and the IAM's to channels 6,7 and 8 . Current cost don't yet have the ability to upload multi channel data via the bridge to mycurrentcost.com (they say they are working on this) so I have started using meniscus, which is available as a download on the Currentcost.com, which has the ability to show data for 3 channels and temperature.

I don't know anywhere I can easily upload multi channel output via the bridge which is why I am using Meniscus. If you are happy with loading data via USB when your computer is 'always on' that you could wait until Current cost or others implement the multi channel output and buy a bridge then.

I now have a display which shows my solar output (channel 0) my household usage (channel 8) and my IAM's on channels 1,2 and 3. In hindsight it would have been more sensible to pair the optismart with channels 1 and 2, leave the household output on channel 0 and move my IAM's to 7,8 and 9 which would have meant fewer steps to take. With a little bit of tweaking to get the right 3 channels showing on Meniscus all I have to do now is wait until Current Cost or someone else does a net implemtenation of the bridge's multi channel output. Unless of course someone else out there knows how to do it already!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]