Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:42 pm 

Hello, is there anyone who can help me utilise Google Powermeter? I have an EnviR set-up via a bridge (not directly connected to PC) and I just can't get it sorted. The information is displaying fine at Currentcost.com, however whenever I try and configure my device to the Google Powermeter site, it seems to only allow devices which are connected to PC's. Please help - not much hair left.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:57 am 

Hey Andy,

on the home page at http://my.currentcost.com/account/home.php there's a section down towards the bottom of the page, called "Devices". If you click the "+" (plus), it expands out and shows what devices you have registered there. Just under the serial number at the top of the section is a row of buttons - one of them should say "Register Google PowerMeter". When you click that, you get flicked over the Google Power Meter, you log in, answer a few questions, and it's set up.

I imagine you did all that? If so, what happens when you click the "Test Google PowerMeter" button (again on the currentcost home page) - it should say "Google test successful!" just under the Devices heading above the Device serial number. Clicking "Visit Google PowerMeter" takes you straight to google where you can see you graphs.. (if it's all working of course).

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:28 am 

Thanks for the reply.

I was trying to set-up the device @ Google Powermeter following the instructions that came with the EnviR - seemed logical at the time. You are correct, it took about three go's but I am connected now.

Just out of interest, what are you monitoring with your set-up? I am monitoring the output from my solar inverter into my power meter and it shows ~100W / hr power consumption during the night when the inverter is in standby. I have approached the installer and they have advised that this is a normal occurrence, however the spurious reading is caused by essentially noise on the line and not power consumption.

Comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]