Setting up your ENVI Monitor
Setting up your ENVI Display
- The display power adaptor should be connected to the round socket found at the back
of the display unit.
- Plug the display power adaptor into a convenient wall socket.
- The “Energy Now” value on the display will now show dashes. The ENVI energy monitor
should be left powered on at all times to read energy correctly and run its clock.
- Remove the plastic battery tab from the back of the black transmitter unit; the
transmitter will now be activated.
- If the display shows ‘0 Watts’ the display has already been paired and is ready to use.
If it shows dashes the display and transmitter need pairing.
Pairing the ENVI Display and Transmitter
- Place the transmitter and the display in the same room.
- Remove the battery tab from the back of the transmitter.
- On the front locate the recessed tuning button in the centre of the transmitter.
- Using a match/pen or similar, push and hold the recessed tuning button for nine seconds
or until the LED on the transmitter has flashed ONCE.
- Upon releasing, the red LED on the transmitter will rapidly flash for a minute. If it doesn’t,
please try again.
- Whilst the LED on the transmitter is flashing, press and hold the DOWN (V) button on the
display until the LED on the display flashes.
- When you release the button the screen will show a tuning signal indicating the display is
tuning to the transmitter.
- Once tuning is completed, your display will clear and then “0 watts” will appear. The aerial
icon will appear indicating pairing has been successful.
Fitting the Transmitter to your Meter
- Now that the transmitter and display are paired take the black transmitter with its
attached CT jaw to your mains meter.
This is often on an outside wall or in your garage, utility room or porch. If you live in a
flat, it can often be found outside your front door in the communal staircase. The ENVI
display unit may be left in any room you wish to see it, for example the Hall or Kitchen.
TIP: If you have one electricity meter, fit the sensor jaw as described below. If you have
two electricity meters, choose the one which supplies your household electricity, not the
one which supplies your night storage heaters.
- Find the thick round wires connected to the electricity meter. The CT jaw should be
placed around the live cable which runs from your meter to your fuse box, this is
usually the fourth cable from the left.
IMPORTANT: When looking at the cables leaving the bottom of the meter, they should
be fully insulated and you should not be able to see any of the cable conductor or core.
If you do see the live conductor, do not touch the cable and consult a qualified
electrical installer for advice.
- Choose a place on the wire’s length where there is some room around and behind it.
Encircle the wire with the jaw of the CT. Please note, it should not be “clamped” onto
the wire. It is safe to ease the wire forwards to make room, provided this is done gently.
- Place the transmitter in any suitable dry location, as high as possible where it will not
fall within the length of its cable. As soon as this is done, the ENVI display will start to
work. No electrical damage can occur to either the electrical installation or the transmitter
by choosing the wrong wire.
Setting the Clock
To set the clock on the ENVI display
• Press and hold the OK button until the LED flashes. (approx. three seconds)
• The screen will clear and the clock hours will flash.
• Use the UP () and DOWN () buttons to alter the hours. (24 hour format)
• Once the correct hour has been selected press the OK button.
• The minutes will now flash, use the UP ( ) and DOWN () button to set the correct minutes.
• Push the OK button, the display will return to normal operation.
Adjusting your electricity price
The ENVI display has been programmed with a default p/kWh unit rate. If you wish to
change the unit rate please follow these steps:
• Push and hold the UP () button on the ENVI display until the LED flashes then release.
• Push the UP () or DOWN () button to change from pounds/pence to euros/cents.
• Press the OK button to confirm.
• The price will then start flashing (i.e. c/p/kWh). Push the UP () or DOWN () button to
adjust the pence/cents price of the electricity.
• Press the OK button to confirm.
• Repeat this process with the pence/cents option.
• Press the OK button to confirm and the ENVI display will resume normal operation.
Setting an additional rate
There are several electricity tariffs available, if you pay different kWh unit rates for electricity consumed, the ENVI display can be set up as follows.
• Press and hold the UP ( ) and DOWN () buttons together until the LED flashes and release.
• Using the UP ( ) and DOWN () buttons you can now select your low rate unit cost.
• Press the OK button to confirm when the correct price has been set – if you don’t change
the cost, you will not see the time section.
• You will then see the clock flashing. Using the UP () and DOWN () buttons you can now
set the time that your low rate starts. Press the OK button to confirm when the time has been set.
• Using the UP () and DOWN () buttons you can set the time your normal rate starts.
Press the OK button to confirm when the time has been set.
• Using the UP () and DOWN () buttons you can now select your normal rate unit cost.
• Press the OK button to confirm and resume normal operation.